- Research and development -
United Protective Technologies (UPT) has consistently proven itself to be an innovative source of new technologies.
With a balance of technical disciplines on staff, our ability to review, analyze and understand substrate interaction continues to yield new Intellectual Property.
UPT has built an extensive network of testing partners, allowing the use of advanced analytical tools during the evaluation, development, and implementation of new surface modification protective modifications.
Our Tribological Laboratory does:
- Wear Test Methods: Tribometer
(ASTM – G99, G133, G77 DIN – 50324, 51834)
(ASTM – C1624, D7187, D7027-05 DIN –7071)
(MIL-F -48616, MIL-C-48497A or MIL-C675C)
- Falling Sand Abrasion Test
(ASTM – D968-05)
Other available Services
- Contact Profilometry
- Raman Profilometry
- Optical Microscopy
- Indentation Hardness Test
- VDI 3198 Adhesion Test
- Accelerated Aging ASTM D4329, ASTM D4597
- Extreme Velocity Impact Analysis Chamber (EVIAC)
- Rain Erosion/Sand Erosion
- Large Particle Impact