As a Research and Development (R&D) Technician for UPT, you will work with our team of Research and Development engineers and staff on hands-on projects and duties related to our US military R&D contracts. Our R&D Technician will work in the lab and in the shop area, use tooling devises and machines, manage data, and work with the equipment that supports our on-going R&D projects. UPT will provide additional technical training, as required, for the right candidate.
· Conduct chemical and mechanical laboratory experiments under direction of Lead Researcher.
· Prepare laboratory equipment for experiments to include calibration safe operation and routine maintenance.
· Machine and prep test specimens from source materials.
· Build mechanical and electrical test apparatuses.
· Collect, organize, anddocument data using Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
· Assist in literature search, vendor search, procurement of lab materials and office supplies.
· Ship and receive,including local pickups.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Highly creative, hands-on skills in transforming concepts to prototypes.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision within an empowered team environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and teamwork skills.
· Self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks.
· Attention to detail.
· Familiar with 3D printing
· U.S. citizen required
· Previous experience with research and development, and prototype demonstration preferred.
· Associate degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences preferred.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
UPT offers competitive wages, medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401K plan (waiting period must be met prior to benefits enrollment). UPT also offers life, short term and long term disability, plus many other voluntary benefits.
Send resumes or applications to:
OR Apply in person:
142 Cara Court
Locust, NC 28097
office: 704-888-2470 ext. 16