United Protective Technologies, LLC (UPT), founded in 2002, is an industry leading company that excels in materials related Research and Development for both commercial and government customers and the application of the most advanced PeCVD & ARC-PVD coatings, including Diamond Like Carbon (DLC), to increase durability, component functionality and extend operation life in extreme environments. UPT has established a strong catalog of high-performance coatings which continue to outperform the competition. UPT currently has multiple Phase I, II and III SBIRs as well as hundreds of recurring commercial and industrial coating customers in a wide variety of industries.
Job Description:As a Mechanical Engineer at UPT you will work with a multidisciplinary team of research and development engineers and support staff to design innovative new products, redesign existing products, and perform research and testing on product concepts. The applicant will use their excellent creativity, engineering judgement and analysis skills to develop design of experiments to validatede sign ideas and translate these ideas into manufacturable physical objects within project time and cost requirements. UPT is looking for self-motivated individuals with a high interest and curiosity mindset towards latest engineering technologies and rising trends to capitalize on emerging markets.
· Education: BS with 5+ years of relevant experience
· Deep understanding of mechanical system efficiency, physics, thermodynamics
· 3+ years of professional computer aided design experience
· Experience developing and directing mechanical DOEs and translating results into optimization for production systems
· Experience designing and integrating electromechanical automation control system hardware
· Experience with 3D printing, rapid prototyping and production manufacturing technologies
· Ability to work in a fast-paced,autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize changing workloads.
· Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word,Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
· Strong oral & written communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to self-direct and independently solve problems.
· MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
· Education MS or higher in Mechanical Engineering
· Professional experience with engine testing, correlating engine simulations with physical experiments
· Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and interpreting results a plus
· Understanding of SBIR and military R&D process
· Experience developing and conduct ingtest plans for MIL-STD level evaluation
· Experience designing coating deposition technologies and evaluating functional coating performance
Education: BS (Mechanical Engineering) with 5+ years of relevant experience
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
UPT offers competitive wages, medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401K plan (waiting period must be met prior to benefits enrollment). UPT also offers life, short term and long term disability, plus many other voluntary benefits.
Send resumes or applications to:
OR Apply in person:
142 Cara Court
Locust, NC 28097
office: 704-888-2470 ext. 16