- engineer -
HOURS NEEDED: M-F, 8am-6pm
United Protective Technologies (UPT) is currently seeking a Full-time Engineer in Locust, NC. As an Engineer with UPT, you will support thin film coating processes for commercial and industrial customers. Aid in new thin film recipe development. Write proposals for Research and Development (R&D) opportunities for DoD (Department of Defense) and commercial customers.
- BS Materials Science or ChemE with 5+ years' experience
- Solid engineering fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in MS Office tools
- Project management / multitasking ability
- Ability to interface and work cooperatively with both internal and external customers
- DOD Clearance eligible and drug screen requirements
- MS Materials Science or ChemE with 3+ years' experience
- Prior experience with thin film deposition
- Materials characterization experience (SEM, Optical Microscopy, Tribology)
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with preparation of research proposals and SOWs
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
UPT offers competitive wages, medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401K plan (waiting period must be met prior to benefits enrollment). UPT also offers life and long term disability, plus many other voluntary benefits.
Send resumes or applications to:
OR Apply in person:
142 Cara Court
Locust, NC 28097
office: 704-888-2470 ext. 16