M-F; 8am-5pm (no weekends)
United Protective Technologies, LLC (UPT), founded in 2002, is an industry leading company that excels in materials and solution focused Research and Development products for both commercial and government customers. Our applications of the most advanced PeCVD & ARC-PVD coatings, including Diamond Like Carbon (DLC), are designed to increase durability, component functionality and extend operation life in extreme environments. UPT has established a strong catalog of high-performance coatings which continue to outperform the competition. UPT currently has multiple Phase I, II and III SBIRs as well as hundreds of recurring commercial and industrial coating customers in a wide variety of industries.
Job Description: As a Sr. Electrical Engineer at UPT, you will play a key role in driving the design, development, and testing of electrical equipment for multiple projects,involving a multidisciplinary team of research and development engineers and support staff. Limited travel for project kick-off meetings and travel between UPT sites (Charlotte/Locust). Working in an office environment with occasional hands-on electrical engineering work in lab orwarehouse. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of complex products, systems, or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently.
- Review customer specifications and requirements and develop designs to best support them
- Provide budget, cost, and schedule input for design assignments
- Analyze designs as necessary
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems, and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop and test prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with all stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
· Education: BS with 8+ years of relevant design experience in analog/digital circuit design, control systems and power conversion
- Experience working with program management and engineering to meet product specifications and engineering standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to aid interactions within Electrical Engineering and other stakeholders
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to ensure multiple assignments are completed properly and on time.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience designing. integrating and testing AC/DC, power, and controls electronics
- Experience in Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to multitask and handle changing work assignments, schedules, and priorities
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be a US Citizen
· Understanding of SBIR and military R&D process
· Experience in development of design for MIL-STD applications
Education: MS or higher in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
UPT offers competitive wages, medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as 401K plan (waiting period must be met prior to benefits enrollment). UPT also offers life, short term and long term disability, plus many other voluntary benefits.
Send resumes or applications to:
OR Apply in person:
142 Cara Court
Locust, NC 28097
office: 704-888-2470 ext. 16